Success and Mindset
Do you ever wonder how those people we look up to and admire so much make it to their success? Is it just hard work and teeth grinding determination or is there something else at play? What do they have that we don’t?
Mindset in business can either kick you down or propel you forward. It’s up to you to decide where you want to focus your thoughts and beliefs on a moment to moment basis. Yes, hard work and a tenacious spirit will certainly allow you to succeed but there is another part at play we tend to put less attention on. If we put as much attention into your mindset as we put into working hard we could propel ourselves forward so much more.
Do you ever feel like you’re putting so much time and effort into something but not reaping the success that you thought would follow? How do you feel and what thoughts come to mind through it all. Are you working hard, but thinking negative? If your working hard but those negative thoughts creep on in and kill the belief and passion you once had for your work, you can be sure you’re holding yourself back from the success you truly deserve!
So how do we stop this, when we know it’s holding us back?
It’s not enough just to know your thoughts and beliefs are holding you back. You need the tools and strategies to turn this all around. Here are some great ways to shift your mindset and to increase your success.
- Believe in yourself and your skills. People can pick up on your lack of confidence. It’s more about how you feel then what you say. How you feel deep within will always shine through even the best of dialogue. People can smell the bullshit! If they sense your lack of confidence you can bet they won’t work with you.
- Don’t let fear hold you back. Fear of judgment, fear of failure, fear of success, so many fears to have. No one is free of fear, the only difference is others have chosen to walk with it and make their goals happen even with all the fears they possess.
- Meditation! I know most people hate hearing this because the idea of sitting still and uninterrupted is daunting and uncomfortable. We’re so used to always being occupied that we’ve lost touch with our inner selves. Meditation is more powerful than you think and can lead to greater creativity and clarity. Your work will improve leaps and bounds once you introduce meditation into your life.
- Gratitude for your personal accomplishments. Simple but powerful! When you show gratitude for all that you have already achieved in your life you will boost your confidence. Being grateful for all you have already achieved will prove to your inner critic how far you’ve come and what your capable of doing. We often beat ourselves up for everything we haven’t done right and for our self proclaimed failures. Flip the switch and look at everything you have done right up to this point! This shift will propel you forward in your goals. The more you believe in yourself, the stronger you will be.
- Have fun and bring more joy to your work! We all get so focused on the goals and what needs to be done we forget to have fun and enjoy the process. If the work you’re currently doing isn’t fun find a way to add some fun to your tasks. The more joy you add the less stress you’ll feel. It’s proven that more stress you have while doing a task that our attention to detail and productivity drops drastically. If you want to do a great job, find the fun and let loose. You’ll get more done and the work will be better, just watch and see.
You have the power to change anything! Let me know if this helps!
“If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” – Wayne Dyer